Health & Safety
We are fully committed to health and safety and ensure all operatives are CSCS registered, receive the appropriate training for the role they undertake and are fully conscious of all P.O.C. Contractors procedures.
Although we carry out our health and safety reviews in house we are also registered with the Building Safety Group, who provide help and advice when needed.
P.O.C. Contractors Ltd
Building and Civil Engineering Groundworks Contractors
Health & Safety Policy Statement
The Directors of P.O.C Contractors Ltd regards the promotion of health and safety measures as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels. It is therefore this Company's policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards including the public in so far as they come into contact with the Company or its products.
In particular, the Company has a responsibility:
- to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions taking account of any statutory requirements;
- to provide training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently;
- to make available all necessary safety devices and protective equipment including fire and emergency equipment and to maintain and supervise its use;
- to maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to the Company's activities and for its management to set an example in safe behaviour.
Employees have a duty to co-operate and support the operation of this policy:
- by working safely and efficiently;
- by using the protective equipment, and by meeting statutory obligations;
- by reporting to their supervisors incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage;
- by adhering to company procedures for securing a safe workplace;
- by assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence. The Company health and safety policy will be kept constantly under review and will be modified and updated as circumstances and experience dictates.
The routine monitoring and review of health and safety issues will be undertaken by site management in combination with the consultancy, where needed, during projects which warrant this service. Where applicable, management will hold consultation with employees on matters which affect their health and safety, via notice boards, toolbox talks and direct communication.
POC Contractors LTD
The Nexus Building,
Swindon, SN2 2PN
P.O.C. Contractors has seen the value of sponsorship as part of our business strategy and remain committed to supporting local community groups in the areas in which we operate.
With this in mind, we are always happy to receive enquiries for sponsorship.
If you are looking for support, please head to our contacts page and we will respond to you as soon as possible.